YEREVAN PRESS CLUB
YEREVAN PRESS CLUB was founded in July 1995 and is the first professional association of journalists in Armenia, established during the post-Soviet period. YPC is a non-profit, non-governmental organization that unites journalists, publishers, media leaders and experts, irrespective of their political ideas.
Support and development of independent and professional media, seeking to help strengthen democratic institutions and establish civil society in Armenia.
- To defend the journalists’ right of freedom of expression and of free access to information
- To assist in improving the legislative and the economic base of the media
- To promote professional contacts between Armenian and foreign media and individual journalists
- To strive for respect and adoption of principles of professional ethics by journalists; to contribute to the development of media self-regulation system
- To assist in the growth of journalists’ professional skills – through various workshops, conferences, trainings, etc.
- To observe the situation in the media through various types of studies and monitorings.